Greycoat Hospital School
Wednesdays from 19:00 to 21:00
Greycoat Hospital School
Cost: £120.00 for your 5 week course.
Fencing beginner classes for adults in central London. All equipment provided. Learn fencing, improve your fitness, have fun, and meet new people!
We offer regular fencing beginner classes and courses for adults in central London. Fencing is a great form of exercise, and is fast and dynamic. We hope to introduce you to the exciting sport of fencing soon.
You'll learn some basics about the history of fencing, how to hold the sword, basic blade work and footwork. You'll also learn attacking and defensive techniques in fencing. The classes are conducted in groups, often with work in pairs (you don't need to bring a partner). Towards the end of the course you'll be able to have a full 'electric' match yourself!
Our beginner fencing classes are held at the club on selected Monday or Wednesday evenings, from 7pm-9pm, and last for 5 consecutive weeks. The cost for your 5-week course is £120 per person (approximately 10 hours of fencing), and you can book here online (see right-hand panel for start dates).
The evening starts with a warm-up, and is followed by fencing footwork and blade work, ending at 9pm. For the class, you'll need to wear trainers, a t-shirt, and tracksuit bottoms/leggings (shorts not allowed). All fencing equipment is provided. There are changing rooms and basic showers at the venue (bring your own towel/toiletries), and you should bring a small bottle of water with you.
If you wear glasses/contact lenses, we recommend that you wear contact lenses (it's entirely possible to fence wearing glasses, but some care needs to be taken when putting on/taking off the mask).
Fencing only requires an ordinary level of fitness. It will help to improve your stamina, flexibility, fitness and concentration. It's challenging, exciting, and great fun. We also socialise regularly in the pub after each fencing session, and we definitely encourage you to join us!
Full details venue details and joining instructions will be provided with your booking confirmation.
We hope to see you at the club.
Booking terms & conditions:
- Start dates are fixed. Please see the panel to the right-hand side for forthcoming start dates.
- All classes are subject to minimum group sizes. We will contact you if this number has not been reached, when it will be possible to re-schedule for an alternative class.
- Beginner classes and taster sessions are for those aged over 16 years only.
- Not suitable for pregnant women, or those with pre-existing back and knee injuries.
- Full advance payment is required to book your place. Payment must be received in full no later than the first session.
- No refunds are given in any circumstances. The £120 is payable in full, in advance, no matter how many sessions you attend.
- WFC accept no responsibilities for personal belongings whilst at the club.